Setting up HoloLens to use Windows Device Portal [EN]
Dokumentation auf Deutch
The Windows Device Portal for HoloLens lets you configure and manage your device remotely over Wi-Fi or USB. The Device Portal is a web server on your HoloLens that you can connect to from a web browser on your PC. The Device Portal includes many tools that will help you manage your HoloLens and debug and optimize your apps.
- Power on your HoloLens and put on the device.
- Perform the bloom gesture to launch the main menu.
- Gaze at the Settings tile and perform the air-tap gesture. Perform a second air-tap to place the app in your environment. The Settings app will launch after you place it.
- Select the Update menu item.
- Select the For developers menu item.
- Enable Developer Mode.
- Scroll down and enable Device Portal.
Connecting over Wi-Fi
- Connect your HoloLens to Wi-Fi.
- Look up your device's IP address.
- Find the IP address on the device under Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Advanced Options.
- From a web browser on your PC, go to https://<YOUR_HOLOLENS_IP_ADDRESS>
- The browser will display the following message: "There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate". This happens because the certificate which is issued to the Device Portal is a test certificate. You can ignore this certificate error for now and proceed.
Connecting over USB
- Install the tools to make sure you have Visual Studio Update 1 with the Windows 10 developer tools installed on your PC. This enables USB connectivity.
- Connect your HoloLens to your PC with a micro-USB cable.
- From a web browser on your PC, go to http://127.0.0.1:10080.